Sunday 7 April 2013

Weekend project: Paper bunting

After visiting the The Finders Keepers market yesterday and seeing lots of cute things, I realised that I have no bunting in my house!

On a mission to fix that (and figuring that it can't be too difficult even for a non-crafter like me!) I googled it to get some clues on what to do.  I came across a blog called Daily Suze, where you can download 4 templates to make bunting. What a perfect way to get started!

It was as easy as this- I printed off the templates cut them out, glued them together, threaded them on string and hey presto....bunting!

I've hung it up in my study and it looks really good. Not only that, it only took me about an hour from printing to hanging- talk about quick, cheap and easy decoration!

As you can see from the picture of the template (top left), there are also tiny little flags which Daily Suze recommends attaching to toothpicks as decoration for cupcakes, however you can see in the bottom right photo I've used them for wrapping baby presents. They look super cute and I'm pretty impressed with myself for coming up with that idea!

Now that I've got a feel for what I'm doing, I'm going to use some wrapping paper that I've got to make more and gradually get adventurous with the size and maybe even shapes.

This is not a usual post for me, but it was so easy that I wanted to share.  If I can do it, anyone can!



No comments:

Post a Comment