Wednesday 2 January 2013

Getting started...

So...after much hesitation here I am writing my first post on my brand new blog! I've been thinking about starting this for a while now and I guess I'm probably not alone in picking the New Year as the "perfect" time to finally dive in!

In my preparation (although probably more accurately described as procrastination!) for starting the blog I read a lot about what to do, what not to do and I have to admit it was all getting a bit overwhelming. I really have to thank one of my good friends who just today gave me the encouragement I needed to get started.  
Our conversation over lunch went something like this- 
Me: I'm thinking about starting a blog about our house reno's...
Her: Cool! 
Me: I'm not sure though
Her: Why not? Just do it! (She's great like that, thanks KV!) 

So here I am "just doing it" and trying to get into the flow of writing my first post. I'm really hoping to be able to share some interesting things about our journey over the next...well who knows how long! The more my husband and I discuss things, the longer time goes on, the more ideas I have...I'm starting to realise it's going to be a much longer timeframe that what I first imagined! See, I'm a first time home owner, first time renovator and I'm also pretty impatient- a recipe for disaster right?! In my delusional mind I actually thought that we'd be finished by now! Ha, we've hardly even started! My husband has done this type of thing before and luckily he's pretty handy but the poor thing has a hard time managing me and my expectations- let's just call that another work in progress!

Between us, I know that we're going to make a beautiful home, but there will definitely be a lot of bumps along the way! If nothing else, this blog will be a great way to record the progress that we make but I also look forward to sharing our experiences and also learning from others along the way!
Alright, now I better go and explain to my husband what I'm doing, starting with exactly what a blog is....

No comments:

Post a Comment